What is hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing helps women to prepare emotionally, physically and mentally for conception, pregnancy and birth. It works through a combination of self hypnosis techniques, deep relaxation and guided visualization to help you overcome fears, create a state of calm and relaxation, be more confident and so have a calmer, more relaxed pregnancy and birth.
Hypnobirthing is all about:
- overcoming fear
- learning ways to deal with any pain
- belief that you can do it
- learning practical ways to keep you comfortable and relaxed
- preparing both you & your birth partner
Which course is right for you?
What are the benefits?
Hypnobirthing techniques are proven to help you have:
- a shorter labour
- less need for pain relief
- less chance of medical intervention
Additional benefits for Mum:
- taking time out during your pregnancy to relax during and spend time bonding with your baby
- improved sleep
- faster post natal recovery
- greater chance of breastfeeding successfully
Benefits for Baby:
- when Mum is able to give birth calmly and instinctively, Baby will receive high levels of oxygen and lower levels of stress hormones
- hypnobirthing babies tend to stay calm, quiet and alert when they are born
- higher APGAR scores (the measure of a newborn baby's health immediately after birth)
Benefits for birth partner:
- understanding what your partner needs
- increased confidence in your ability to support your partner
- learning practical techniques to help you both during labour
- understanding your choices and gaining confidence to work with the medical team
Carshalton. Sutton. Wallington. Banstead. Cheam. Epsom. Purley. Croydon. Coulsdon. Kenley. Chipstead. Ewell. Worcester Park. Sanderstead. Warlingham. Caterham. Morden. Mitcham. Tadworth and surrounding areas in Surrey & South London.